Still undecided about how your refinery or trading organization in Europe is going to navigate the impact of the IMO 2020 global sulphur cap of 0.5 wt% for marine fuels?
The IMO regulation will transform how refining and shipping industries operate. It has left many refiners wondering what impact this will have on their profitability, and what they can realistically achieve by 2020. It's not too late to initiate a plan, but action must be taken quickly to formulate a strategy to mitigate the impact of the new regulation on refinery profitability.
Watch this on demand webinar to hear KBC's thinking on this subject. KBC’s Chief Economist and a consultant:
- Examine market access, competition and the effect on pricing and key product price relationships
- Discuss the 'window of opportunity' that will exist for those that have pre-invested
- Give their forecast for fuel oil consumption and refinery margin contributions
- Evaluate the options: Do nothing, convert to new ULS HFO production - an 'on purpose' new product, or eliminate fuel oil production completely to reduce exposure to the changing fuel oil market
- Explore some strategies under consideration by European refineries
- Discuss the changes in operations and planning systems that are realistically achievable by 2020