Main Aspects of Job
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day workload of the Software Support desk for the assigned regions
- Internal and cross-team mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Ensure software support is delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and guaranteed satisfaction of customers
- Work alongside the Regional Software Support Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients ensuring their modelling needs are met and to grow the Software business
- Collaborate with other groups within KBC regarding projects, strategy definition and other items related to the growth of KBC Business.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Client Relationship Management
- Client advocate for larger accounts – includes but not limited to proactive contact with customers, administrative tasks, etc.
- Software support for internal and external customers via email, phone and in person
- Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
- Client liaison / discussion of technical aspects of work.
- Analyze data, execute and review process calculations.
- Perform process simulations including model calibration.
- Implement simulation solutions at client sites or remotely – deliver monitoring systems, operational models.
- Serve as technology/simulation specialist in consulting projects.
- Deliver sections or entire software training course independently
- Assist with training material development as needed
- Software project management and related tasks
- Contribute to R&D tasks when needed (provide expert feedback, testing, among others)
- Assist with documentation and demo case development.
- Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
- Collaborate with Sales and Commercial Services groups in proposal writing and project hrs. estimate, etc
- Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
- Provide support to KBC marketing events; represent Company at industry conferences, present papers
KBC Company Business
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines.
- Actively support company Knowledge Management.
- Actively support company work process implementation and improvement.
- Ability to support projects for other product lines.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of refining processes with experience in modeling.
- Plant or refinery operational experience is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of site economics is a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with and able to use standard flowsheeting packages.
- Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
- Ability to lead and manage a complex workload and a team of professional engineers.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Refinery/Upstream technology knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Relationship development and management
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
- Analytical skills
- Ability to mentor junior engineers