Main Aspects of Job
As a front-end team leader, you will be responsible for managing a group of developers whose main goal is the development and migration of KBC applications to Angular web applications. You will also be responsible for designing and making architectural decisions for these applications. You will be required to build and maintain relationships with KBC’s applications development teams in order to create base abstract applications that can be reused and extended by these teams.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the development and design of web applications that can be reused and extended by other KBC development teams.
- Be able to understand and abstract functionalities that are shared among different applications maintained by teams spread across the world.
- Be involved in the development of application specific extensions if needed.
- Be able to produce and to ensure other team members produce high quality, low maintenance code that can be tested automatically.
- Be able to document your designs.
- Be a mentor to your team members on web application development design and web technology trends.
- Take self-learning initiatives.
KBC Company Business
- Ability to support development of any KBC’s applications if needed.
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience working as a Front-End developer. Experience leading software development teams will be greatly appreciated.
- Experience designing componentized and extensible web applications.
- Experience documenting application design.
- Experience using key development patterns (Redux, others).
- Experience writing unit, integration, visual and end to end tests.
- Problem solving and problem abstraction skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Since future work may involve the migration of KBC´s applications back-end, experience designing RESTful APIs and backend programming knowledge in general (Java, .Net, Micro-services, Kubernetes) will also be greatly appreciated.