Main Aspects of Job:
The North America (NA) Sales Consultant is responsible for maintaining the KBC Visual Mesa business in North America. This role will establish and maintain relationships with customers by monitoring needs, identifying opportunities, and growing the account relationships.
- Responsible for specific sales targets for the Visual Mesa (VM) business in territory reporting to the VM Global Business Line Leader
- Has a supporting role for parent Yokogawa in North America (YCA)
- Liaises with all internal parties necessary to ensure market success: Yokogawa, Consulting, Software Operation, Marketing and the regional / global Business Development Team
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for VM KBC Awards in NA i.e. exceed yearly targets.
- Together with the local and global teams, develops and maintains the 5-year rolling VM strategic business plan for NA.
- Identify the key NA client targets and implement an opportunity management process developing formal Opportunity Plans for these customers.
- Lead the key account activities of marketing, business development, relationships, and customer engagement in the energy industry. Coordinate with YCA.
- Identify and action activities around competitive displacement accounts.
- Feedback market requirements, competitive activities and trends required to support the basis for 5 year rolling plan, guiding future development of solutions through to ‘go-to-market’ strategy.
- Manage sales & marketing process:
- Generate and qualify leads
- Source and develop client referrals
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop and maintain a customer database and manage opportunities within the existing CRM system
- Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
- Support direct marketing activities
- Negotiate with clients
- Develop sales proposals
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management
- Participate in sales & marketing events
- 2+ years seniority in a sales/marketing position in the energy industry
Formal Training Required:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of complex solution sales
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Planning and strategizing
- Stress tolerance
- Energy industry driver knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Goal driven
- Comfortable with technical content
- Self-motivated Leader
- Decision maker
- Highly organized
- Initiative and resourcefulness, able to work under pressure
- Customer service mindset
- Goal driven
- Ability to work in a team
KBC requests that candidates submit a copy of their CV in reply to this job posting. No agencies please.