Main Aspects of Job:
As a Front-End Developer you will be responsible for helping with the development and migration of KBC applications to Angular web applications.
You will be required to build and maintain relationships with KBC’s applications development teams in order to create base abstract applications that can be reused and extended by these teams.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the development of web applications that can be reused and extended by other KBC development teams.
- Be able to understand and abstract functionalities that are shared among different applications maintained by teams spread across the world.
- Be involved in the development of application specific extensions if needed.
- Be able to produce high quality, low maintenance code that can be tested automatically.
- Be able to document your designs.
- Be a mentor to your team members on web application development design and web technology trends.
- Take self-learning initiatives.
KBC Company Business
- Ability to support development of any KBC’s applications if needed.
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience working as a Front-End developer.
- Good to have: Experience designing RESTful services and APIs, backend knowledge (Java, .Net).
- Experience designing componentized and extensible web applications.
- Experience documenting application design.
- Experience using key development patterns (Redux, others).
- Experience writing unit, integration, visual and end to end tests.
- Problem solving and problem abstraction skills.
- Ability to work as a team in complex technology projects.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company.
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.