Main Aspects of Job:
The Product Management group has a key responsibility for the revenue and profit growth of the relevant products in the KBC technology business. As such, you will define product vision, strategy, roadmap and requirements and prioritize development activities in the best interests of KBC’s business.
The Product Manager is a key interface between customers and the various stakeholder groups. Based on detailed working knowledge of how users do their jobs, the product manager works closely with customers, internal stakeholders and development to maximize product value. In addition they must work to achieve effective design and documentation (functional/business value, usability, installability, manageability, guided help, etc.) to support the needs of the business.
The primary objectives of the Product Manager are:
- To develop a product vision and strategy that converts customer business problems and use cases into detailed product requirements that realize value for customers and support the profitability and growth of the product line(s) and enables the development teams to accurately build high-impact products;
- support Inside and Outside Sales in sales process and
- to create and deliver various technical materials, primarily targeted at Sales, Customer Support, Training and Services, to ensure overall company readiness for product releases and ongoing support.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops a vision, enabling strategy for products, along with an evergreen roadmap that defines the development path.
- Works with customers to create business process flow diagrams, user scenarios and usage storyboards as the basis for designing new products and features including, where appropriate, interfaces to third party systems
- Interfaces between customers, Development, Center of Excellence and other stakeholder groups during product planning and design phase.
- Documents product requirement and design user interfaces by working with customers, Center of Excellence and Development.
- Presents product ideas and designs to users to garner feedback
- Validates target markets, forecasts sales and establishes profitability for products.
- Augments QA test cases with the user perspective to verify features produce results as designed
- Performs and documents user-level testing to ensure all product functions work as designed
- Reviews and approves user/product/install/upgrade test plans and testing and product documentation
- Acts as primary feedback liaison with customers for pre-release alpha and beta programs
- Develops and delivers technical sales, professional services, customer support and customer training materials and assists with rollout activities
- Delivers detailed competitive analysis for products
- As product expert, provides secondary support to technical sales Business Consultants and professional services
- Develops product demonstrations to be used by the field’s sales teams
- Develops and delivers technical content for internal training, customer advisory boards, white papers, etc.
- BEng/ MEng or equivalent in engineering or computer science is preferred
- Experience in developing digital products in Azure environment or working in Azure environment desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience with some of that within the Energy sector
- Familiarity with at least one of Upstream, Refining and Petrochemical Operations
- Previous product management experience
- Examples of roles with strong internal and external customer satisfaction results
- Example of other Product Awards, Revenue and Margin generation and delivery of growth
- Ability to motivate and influence others as part of product championing
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Skilled diagnostic relationship with customers
- Strong self-motivation and initiative to drive product development results
- Proactive personal development shown through professional growth and recognition.