Main Aspects of Role:
The Product Management group has a key responsibility for the capability, revenue and profit growth of the relevant (Petro-SIM, Reactor Suite, Maximus, Multiflash) products in the KBC Technology business. As such, you will liaise closely with customers, partners and the target markets to help the Product Managers define product vision, strategy, roadmap and requirements and prioritize development activities in the best interests of KBC’s business.
The product management team is a key interface between customers and the various stakeholder groups. Based on detailed working knowledge of how users do their jobs and use KBC’s software, the product management consultant works closely with customers, internal & external stakeholders and development to maximize product value. In addition, they must work to achieve effective design and documentation (functional/business value, usability, installability, manageability, guided help, etc.) to support the needs of the business and the product release cycle.
objectives of the Product Management Consultant are:
- To work with the Product Managers to develop a product vision and strategy that converts customer business problems and use cases into detailed product requirements that realize value for customers and support the profitability and growth of the product line(s) and enables the development teams to accurately build high-impact products;
- support Inside and Outside Sales in sales process and
- to create and deliver various technical materials, primarily targeted at Sales, Customer Support, Training and Services, to ensure overall company readiness for product releases and ongoing support.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Product Managers to develop product vision, enabling strategy for products, along with an evergreen roadmap that defines the development path.
- Work with customers to create business process flow diagrams, user scenarios and usage storyboards as the basis for designing new products and features including, where appropriate, interfaces to third party systems
- Interface between customers, software partners, KBC Development, internal Centers of Excellence and other stakeholder groups during product planning and design phase.
- Document product requirement and design user interfaces by working with customers, Centers of Excellence and Development.
- Present product ideas and designs to users to garner feedback
- Validate target markets, forecast sales and establish profitability for products.
- Augment QA test cases with the user perspective to verify features produce results as designed
- Perform and document user-level testing to ensure all product functions work as designed
- Review and recommend user/product/install/upgrade test plans, testing and product documentation
- Act as a feedback liaison with customers for pre-release alpha and beta programs
- Develop and deliver training materials for technical sales, professional services, customer support and customers
- Assist with rollout activities
- Deliver detailed competitive analysis for products
- As product expert, provide support to technical sales Business Consultants and professional services
- Develop product demonstrations to be used by the sales teams
- Develop and deliver technical content for training, customer advisory boards, white papers, etc.
- BEng/ MEng or equivalent in engineering or computer science is preferred
- Experience in process simulation and developing digital products & solutions on-prem or cloud based.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience with some of that within the Petroleum, Petrochemical, Chemical or Oil & Gas sectors
- Previous involvement with product management preferred
- Examples of roles with strong internal and external customer satisfaction results
- Examples of innovation, Product Awards, Revenue and Margin generation and delivery of growth
- Ability to motivate and influence others as part of product championing
- Experience working with people whom you need to influence but do not directly manage or supervise
- Skilled diagnostic relationship with customers
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Strong self-motivation and initiative to drive product development results
- Proactive personal development shown through professional growth and recognition.