Would you like to work for a global software and services company within the Energy and Chemical industry? Looking for the opportunity to work with high-performing engineering professionals developing some of the world's smartest engineering solutions for operational improvements and maximizing profits?
Our digital transformation solutions comprise leading software and expert services, powered by the cloud, to assure process operations achieve transformational outcomes. A pioneer in the development and use of simulation tools and cloud technologies, KBC offers software specialists room to grow. Operational experts in consulting teams develop solutions that positively impact the profitability, safety and environmental performance of our international clients through technological changes and operational efficiencies.
We are currently looking for an Operations Trainer who will be on a fixed-term contract and will be working on a client project site. Working closely with the Project Manager, the Operations Trainer will facilitate workshops, delivering 1:1 training and coaching. The candidate will partner with the content teams as SME to develop and deploy training content.
Classroom Training & Coaching
Working as an Operations Trainer, you will manage and facilitate all aspects of classroom training including field training for operator qualifications and providing end user refinery unit specific coaching and problem solving.
Content Management & Development
You will build strong relationships with senior level client contacts and ensure training deliverables are aligned with client expectations. You will develop refinery unit operating procedures, operating manuals, and all training material, assess strengths and areas of improvement with regards to training and manage the curriculum.
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Previous Classroom and 1:1 Training Experience
- Understanding of ISD and Adult Learning Theory
- Good presentation/communication skills
- Presentation required in vetting
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of specific process units
- Start-up / Shutdown principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and minimum 3 years practical operating experience in:
- Process Unit Operations
- Process unit equipment
- Plant Sciences
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of core operating principles/practices
- Minimum 7 years practical operating or engineering experience in Tankage Operations, Wharf ship loading operations and Refrigerated Propane and Butane storage operations
- Good Operating Practices
- Experience from IOC/Blue Chip operating companies
- Equipment Care Practices and condition monitoring
- Process Optimisation
- Knowledge and experience in HSE Practices/requirements
- Former operator, shift supervisor, shift manager, unit engineer level career progression
- Ability to relate/communicate with client operations staff
- Fluent English, Arabic would be desirable
- Willingness to work up to 6-week rotations on site
KBC requests that candidates submit a copy of their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number – KBC-BAPCO by 31 July 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Microsoft Teams interview, followed by a face-to-face interview.
KBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Yokogawa Electric Corporation.We offer a competitive salary and are committed to equal opportunities.
Application Closing Date: 31 July 2021