Energy and utility systems
Saving energy is the most reliable way to reduce operating costs and improve profitability in a volatile market. Our software tools show you how to optimize the design, revamp and operation of energy systems, ensuring optimum efficiency. Make confident utility configuration decisions, identify opportunities, size equipment, plan for potential future scenarios and speed up performance management with online monitoring.
Our suite of energy and utility software tools includes:
- Visual MESA Energy Management (VM-EMS), consisting of Visual MESA Energy Real-Time Optimizer (VM-ERTO) and Visual MESA Energy Monitor (VM-EM), for energy and emissions planning, monitoring and optimization
- Petro-SIM, for the design and engineering of utility systems
- HX Monitor, for heat exchanger monitoring
- SuperTarget, an advanced pinch analysis tool, for optimizing the design and revamp of heat exchanger systems
Our energy and utility software tools will allow you to:
- Reduce energy and capital costs at the design stage:
- Make utility configuration decisions, size equipment and build-in high efficiency, taking into account site specific economics and energy costs to maximize returns
- Simulate and design standalone utility systems, or seamlessly integrate them into process models
- Minimize energy costs through effective design of heat exchanger networks
- Develop energy improvement revamps easily and accurately:
- Identify improvement opportunities, evaluate benefits and predict future scenarios
- Measure and manage energy costs in day-to-day operations:
- Automatically acquire, reconcile, interpret and capture real-time energy performance data
- Improve operational performance management with online monitoring, optimizing heat exchanger cleaning cycles and equipment maintenance planning
- Use proprietary benchmark energy KPIs to ensure the optimum synergy of process and energy performance
- Achieve real-time optimization of energy costs:
- Forecast across multiple time periods to determine fuel import and power export commitments, enabling you to optimize major utility equipment running strategies
- Optimize plant performance in real-time, responding to fluctuations in power grid pricing and demand
- Automate prescriptive analytics to optimize energy costs within given constraints
RELATED CASE STUDY
Energy cost reduction
Repsol, Spain's largest energy company, approached KBC when they were looking for an energy management system for their Tarragona Refinery, an integrated refining and petrochemical site. The site had a production capacity of 186,000 b/d.Read case study
Other simulation and optimization software
Petro-SIM is the leading process simulation and optimization platform for driving excellence in facility performance and organizational productivity. At the core of Petro-SIM’s technology, rigorous simulation models generate dependable results in an intelligent, user-friendly environment.
Our Multiflash fluid property engine is a comprehensive PVT (pressure-volume-temperature) and physical properties package. It allows for complete modeling of the phase behavior of complex mixtures and pure substances.
Working in tandem with Petro-SIM, our rigorous refinery and petrochemical reactor models are the industry’s most trusted analytical tools for conversion unit monitoring, planning, optimization, and design and engineering studies.
Visual MESA Multi-Period Optimizer is a high-fidelity analytics technology for optimal operation of energy across the process industries. It reduces costly uncertainty in planning, scheduling and trading of energy over multiple time periods.
Maximus provides steady state, thermal hydraulic network models capable of handling the world’s most complex pipe networks. FloWax provides multiphase fluid dynamics with wax deposition modeling capabilities, indispensable for flow assurance and production applications.
Flaretot is a software solution designed to seamlessly carry out all aspects of flare system design, revamp and auditing. Linking directly to Petro-SIM and other process simulators, Flaretot provides a rigorous approach to the modeling of flare systems within a single, user-friendly visual environment.
You may also be interested in
Baker Hughes, a GE company, and KBC partner to provide integrated software solutions to the oil and gas industry
Sep 19, 2017
Baker Hughes, a GE company, and KBC announce a preferred partnership that will provide a combination of process simulation, asset performance management and operational software solutions to the oil and gas industry.Read full article
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.