A 100k bpd refinery could increase revenue by $10million/yr through optimizing exchanger cleaning cycles
Heat exchanger fouling is the main source of energy loss affecting energy use, lost production and slowdowns for cleaning. However, at current energy prices, these types of projects have a hard time competing for a place in the budget when up against margin and yield improvement, critical safety and maintenance projects.
Heat exchanger train performance is an essential element of managing and reducing refinery fuel requirements for fired heaters and maximizing unit throughput. If your refinery is losing millions in increased fuel consumption and reduced throughput due to unmonitored and unoptimized heat exchanger cleaning cycles, it's time for heat exchanger monitoring to earn its place in the budget.
The webinar with Senior Consultants David Severson and Vikas Singh will discuss the following aspects of heat exchanger preheat train monitoring:
- The economic benefits associated with cleaning each exchanger vs a group of exchangers
- The most strategic times to clean exchangers
- How to determine which exchangers should be cleaned and which should remain online to minimize outage time and cleaning costs
- How fouled heat exchangers can impact your process performance
- What insights provide opportunities to extend run-lengths and increase throughput
- How to relieve the bottleneck from a duty-limited furnace by cleaning selected exchangers
- During this webinar we will talk though KBC case studies and discuss how KBC's HX Monitor simulation tool is key to establishing a more profitable operation by continuous monitoring of your
- heat exchanger preheat networks.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.