KBC’s approach was to take the best from existing company practices, incorporate them with the highest industry standards, and then roll-out these new practices across the customer sites to create a new corporate standard. New methodologies were implemented to either complement or replace existing ways of managing reliability and maintenance. These included:
- Risk management, utilizing risk analysis to support efficient and effective decision making
- Routine maintenance planning and scheduling, with enhanced use of CMMS
- Asset policies, developing optimal asset care programs to cover operation, predictive and preventive maintenance
- Defect elimination, covering the systematic analysis of problems to identify root causes and ensure no repeats
- Performance management, to drive a culture of continuous improvement using targeted key performance indicators
The identified benefits of the project across global operations exceeded €250 million per year in profit improvement. This was achieved through the increased utilization of assets and a reduction in maintenance costs of over €100 million.
You may also be interested in
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.