- A comprehensive model of the district energy system was developed through the VM-MPO modeling environment.
- Typical multi-period constraints were defined to guarantee feasibility of the solution (e.g. minimum down times)
- Forecasts of chilled water demand, cooling water return temperatures and electricity prices were included in the model via VM-MPO data source interfaces
- VM-MPO enhanced connectivity between data sources, forecasting methods, model structure and multi-period constraints resulting in fast, accurate optimization solutions
- Using the VM-MPO mixed integer optimization engine and working on the district energy model the optimal operation of the chillers and thermal energy storage was provided.
Multi-period optimization reduced operating costs on the thermal energy storage operation by $100,000 per year. Clear recommendations of the optimal chillers and thermal energy storage operation were provided.
You may also be interested in
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.