April 14, 2023
Have you considered being part of a leading Consultancy specialising in Process Simulation Software Applications, Decarbonisation, Energy Transition, Process Optimisation, Value Chain Optimisation, Operational Performance and Digital Transformation?
Then take a closer look at KBC and see our website - www.kbc.global for further company information.
This position will appeal to Chemical Engineers in the early stage of their career with an interest in Process Simulation
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day workload of the Software Support desk for the region
• Ensure software and helpdesk support are delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and that client satisfaction is guaranteed.
• Work under the Regional Software Support Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients ensuring client’s modelling needs are met and to grow the Software business both upstream and downstream in Europe.
• Ability to provide technical consulting to projects based workload and experience
• Requires 20-30% domestic/ international travel per annum for periods of 1-2 weeks per trip
Client Relationship Management:
• Main support contact for internal and external clients
• Helpdesk support via email, phone and in person
• Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales
• KBC liaison for Clients with ability to discuss technical aspects of work/ Client deliverables
• Analyze data, execute and review process calculations
• Perform process simulations including model calibration
• Implement simulation solutions at client sites – deliver monitoring systems, operational models
• Serve as technology/simulation specialist in consulting projects
• Deliver sections or entire software training course independently to internal and/or external clients as required
Research & Development:
• Contribute to R&D tasks when needed.
• Participate in software testing and provide feedback.
• Assist with documentation and demo case development.
• Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
Sales & Marketing Support:
• Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
• Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
• Provide support to KBC marketing events; Represent Company at industry conferences, present papers.
• Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines.
• Actively support company Knowledge Management as well as process implementation and improvement.
• Ability to support projects for other product lines.
• A BEng degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Academic transcript to be submitted during application.
• Base level knowledge of refining processes and/or upstream processes with experience in modeling.
• Plant operational experience is an advantage.
• Familiar with and able to use process simulation software such as Petro-SIM, AspenPlus, Hysys or UniSIM
• Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
• Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
• High level of self-motivation and initiative
• Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company