If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for a Technology Services Engineer with Chemical / Refinery / Upstream / Energy Process technology experience.
Main Aspects of the Job:
- To work under the leadership of a senior professional in energy optimization implementation projects for industrial complexes by using Visual MESA Energy Management System (VM-EMS) solution, the leading energy real time optimization software in the process industry, with more than 120 large industrial complexes as active users worldwide.
- Help with the Technology Support desk
- Ensure technology support is delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and guaranteed satisfaction of customers
- Work alongside the VM-EMS Technical Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients ensuring their modelling needs are met and to grow the VM-EMS business
- Collaborate with other groups within KBC regarding projects, strategy definition and other items related to the growth of KBC Business.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Client Relationship Management Technology support for internal and external customers via email, phone and in person
- Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC solutions and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
- Client liaison / discussion of technical aspects of work.
- Configure and perform simulation and optimization by using VM-EMS to support industrial complexes.
- Implement simulation, monitoring, and optimization solution by using VM-EMS at client sites or remotely – deliver monitoring systems, operational models.
- Deliver sections or entire software training course independently
- Assist with training material development as needed
- Technology project management and related tasks
- Contribute to R&D tasks when needed (provide expert feedback, testing, among others)
- Assist with documentation and demo case development.
- Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
- Collaborate with Sales and Commercial Services groups in proposal writing and project hrs. estimate, etc
- Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
- Provide support to KBC marketing events; represent Company at industry conferences, present papers
KBC Company Business
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines.
- Actively support company Knowledge Management.
- Actively support company work process implementation and improvement.
- Ability to support projects for other product lines.
- BSc or MSc degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of chemical processes with experience in modeling.
- Plant or refinery operational experience is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of site economics is a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with and able to use standard flow-sheeting packages.
- Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
Competencies to be kept current:
- Chemical/Refinery/Upstream/Energy technology knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Relationship development and management
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
- Analytical skills