Technology Services Engineer (Energy Optimization)
Department: Technology Services
Reporting To: Technology Support Leader
Main Aspects of Job:
• Work under the leadership of a senior professional in energy optimization implementation projects for industrial complexes by using Visual MESA Energy Management System (VM-EMS) solution, the leading energy real time optimization software in the process industry, with more than 120 large industrial complexes as active users worldwide.
• Help with the Technology Support desk
• Ensure technology support is delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and guaranteed satisfaction of customers
• Work alongside the VM-EMS Technical Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients ensuring their modelling needs are met and to grow the VM-EMS business
• Collaborate with other groups within KBC regarding projects, strategy definition and other items related to the growth of KBC Business.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Client Relationship Management Technology support for internal and external customers via email, phone and in person
• Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC solutions and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
• Client liaison / discussion of technical aspects of work.
• Configure and perform simulation and optimization by using VM-EMS to support industrial complexes.
• Implement simulation, monitoring, and optimization solution by using VM-EMS at client sites or remotely – deliver monitoring systems, operational models.
• Deliver sections or entire software training course independently
• Assist with training material development as needed
• Technology project management and related tasks
• Contribute to R&D tasks when needed (provide expert feedback, testing, among others)
• Assist with documentation and demo case development.
• Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
Sales and Marketing Support
• Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
• Collaborate with Sales and Commercial Services groups in proposal writing and project hrs. estimate, etc
• Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
• Provide support to KBC marketing events; represent Company at industry conferences, present papers
KBC Company Business
• Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines.
• Actively support company Knowledge Management.
• Actively support company work process implementation and improvement.
• Ability to support projects for other product lines.
• BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
• 3+ years of experience is an advantage.
• Knowledge of chemical processes with experience in modeling.
• Plant or refinery operational experience is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of site economics is a distinct advantage.
• Familiar with and able to use standard flow-sheeting packages.
• Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
• Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
• Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
Competencies to be kept current:
• Chemical/Refinery/Upstream/Energy technology knowledge
• Verbal and written communication
• Negotiation skills
• Relationship development and management
• Stress tolerance
• Goal driven
• Analytical skills