We are currently looking for a Software Services Consultant / Software Services Senior Consultant who will be based in our Barcelona office.
Working as part of a team in the global Software Support group, you will be responsible for supporting internal and external clients and ensuring that software support is delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality via the internet, email, phone and in person, dealing with escalation items as and when required. You will also ensure your client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to the appropriate specialist, or sales team.
You will also collaborate with other groups within KBC regarding projects, strategy definition and other items related to the growth of KBC business.
In this role, you will also be responsible for conducting internal and cross- team mentoring and ensuring effective knowledge transfer within the group and across disciplines.
You will be required to actively support current projects/ clients. Project work will also include modelling. Being part of the Global Software support team, you will also be required to provide support to the help desk.
The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required, mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel).
What are we looking for?
- BEng / MEng in chemical / process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of refining processes and/or upstream processes with experience in modeling is required
- Plant operational experience is an advantage.
- Familiar with and able to use standard flowsheeting packages.
- Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products.
- Ability to lead and manage a complex workload and ability to manage a team of professional engineers.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Ability to work as a team player who works collaboratively within the business development team and with other teams in the business
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more, please apply.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.