Main aspects of the job:
- Responsible for the support and further development of KBC’s SIM reactor models
- Develop new reactor modelling software in the refining/petrochemical areas as new business opportunities arise
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant KBC Communities of Practice in order to monitor needs, ensure requirements of consulting communities are met, maintain confidence in reactor models and to provide support and advice particularly in areas of difficulty
- Provide support when needed to Petro-SIM support team
- Work with all internal parties involved in the development and support of the Petro-SIM platform
- Provide expert consulting in SIM model area to external and internal clients
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the support and enhancement of FCC-SIM reactor models
- Provide back-up for Delayed Coker reactor model development
- Write code in a programming language (normally FORTRAN)
- Provide mentorship and training to junior engineers in the area of reactor modelling
- Ensure the priorities of the relevant PINT’s are satisfied.
- Develop additional modelling software to take advantage of new business opportunities
- Assist sales team in establishing credibility of SIM reactor models with clients
- Liaise with Petro-SIM developers to ensure seamless integration of SIM models with flowsheet platform
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation for SIM models
- Troubleshoot model applications in cases where first line support is insufficient
- Consult with external and internal clients to maintain or increase confidence in the accuracy and reliability of model results when occasion demands
- Consult and participate in application of SIM models in other business areas not directly linked to traditional uses such as operator trainers
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SIM model development plans
- Provide training in SIM model technology as needed
- Be prepared to undertake business trips to KBC clients worldwide as needed
- MS Chemical Engineering or Chemistry/Catalysis, PhD Preferred
- Considerable experience in a commercial or academic environment working with development of kinetic-based reactor models
- Familiarity with FORTRAN or similar high level computer language.
- Experience working with refineries, refinery data and modeling of commercial FCC reactors
- Knowledge of flowsheeting packages such as Petro-SIM.
Your application has been received, thank you.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.