Main Aspects of Job:
Will work as part of a team in the process and energy consulting business line, typical projects include mainly Process Performance Improvement Studies, but will also participate in project teams focusing on Reliability and Maintenance Strategic Analysis, Operational Excellence, Process trouble shooting and plant optimisation.
This role requires a good base level understanding of Refinery, Petrochemical, Upstream or LNG Reliability and Maintenance (RAM) operations.
It will also be advantageous to have knowledge and experience of enabling technologies from KBC and Yokogawa required for Digital Transformation such as: Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies; Data Science and Visualisation of Process Data.
The pos tholder will be required to work as part of a team- both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel) for approximately 25 -50% of the time.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
To provide project management and technical expertise on the following RAM practices:
- Maintenance Strategy and departmental alignment skills
- Risk Management and decision making
- Routine Maintenance work process
- Turnaround Maintenance works process and optimisation
- Reliability programs for rotating and / or fixed equipment
- Turnaround optimisation
- Maintenance planning and scheduling (SAP experience a plus)
- Asset management strategy and Defect Elimination methodologies
- Contracting strategy development and Inventory optimisation
- Working with functional leadership, make recommendations and develop solutions for RAM products.
- Able to perform risk analysis and manage change control.
- Deliver project improvements through workshop training and implementation support.
- Establish Project Plan - employs KBC’s established methods and tools, adapted for the specific site’s needs
- Sets/updates the project targets reflecting commitments of the contract in conjunction with Business Line Management.
- Defines resourcing requirements and work to be done by the individual team members within projects as project manager. Ability to lead projects over £500K.
- Communicates with client at working level to ensure streamlined execution, that client is clear about what has and is going to be done.
- Reviews progress/plans/actions with the Consulting Delivery Team Lead
- Reports progress formally to the client:
- Client presentations
- Responsible for/contributes to preparation of reports for clients
- Assistance in proposal preparation/sales visits
- Input to Technology Software Development
- Assists with client sales visits and proposal technical preparation as required.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical engineering is required or an equivalent qualication.
- Achieved Chartered Engineer status and can demonstrate a commitment to CPD.
- Previous maintenance experience in Refinery, Chemical, Petrochemical or Upstream facilities.
- Agile Project methodology experience would be advantageous.
- Demonstration of high quality of technical ability - be considered a technical expert in at least one or more RAM fields and able to manage efforts to deliver these products.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
- Proven ability in managing a team with strong evidence of leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company.
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.