If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specialising in the Decarbonisation, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimisation, Operational Performance business then take a closer look at KBC.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Consultant specializing in Reliability & Asset Management as an experienced Mechanical Engineer in Refinery and Chemical Operations to join our USA team.
Main Aspects of Job:
Work as part of a team in the process and energy consulting business line, typical projects include mainly Process Performance Improvement Studies, but also participate in project teams focusing on Reliability and Maintenance Strategy Analysis, Operational Excellence, Process trouble shooting and plant optimization.
This role requires knowledge and experience of refinery and/or petrochemical processing. Upstream or LNG operations (Reliability, Turnarounds and Maintenance). Direct experience in refinery or chemical plant operations is highly valued.
Also, it is advantageous to have knowledge and experience of enabling technologies from KBC and Yokogawa required for Digital Transformation such as: Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies; Data Science and Visualization of Process Data.
The RAM Senior Consultant will be required to work as part of a team both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel) approximately 30-50% of the time.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management and technical expertise in the following RAM areas:
- Maintenance Strategy and departmental alignment skills
- Risk Management and decision making
- Routine Maintenance work process
- Turnaround work process and optimization
- Reliability programs for all equipment types
- Maintenance planning and scheduling (SAP/Maximo experience preferred)
- Asset management strategy and Defect Elimination methodologies
- Contracting strategy development and Inventory optimization
- Make recommendations and develop solutions for RAM products
- Technical expertise in at least one or more RAM fields and able to manage efforts to deliver in area of expertise
- Able to perform risk analysis and manage change control
- Deliver project improvements through workshop training and implementation support
- Set/update project targets reflecting commitments of contract scope of work in conjunction with Business Line Management
- Establish Project Plan. Employ KBC’s established methods and tools, adapting for specific customer needs
- Work as project manager defining resource requirements and workload for individual team members
- Communicate with Clients at all levels to ensure alignment on project progress and deliverables (formal presentations and reports)
- Provide input for Technology Software Development
- Review plans/progress/actions with Consulting Delivery Team Lead
- Assist with Client sales visits and technical proposal preparation
- BEng/ MEng in Mechanical engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Achieved Chartered Engineer status
- Agile Project methodology experience advantageous
- Demonstrate high technical ability
- Good organizational skills; able to meet deadlines within budget
- Proven ability managing a team with strong evidence of leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral); ability to interact with colleagues and Clients professionally. Develop and maintain good relationships with Clients.
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates flexible approach
- Hands on practical knowledge/experience of the following tools/concepts:
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Risk/Management Assessment
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Reliability Modelling
- Root Cause Investigation
- Asset or Equipment Strategies
- CMMS Systems
- Weibull, Crow Ansa
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
- Contracting Strategy
- Hands on experience with rotating, static, electrical and instrumentation equipment in Refining and Petrochemical facilities
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma (desirable)
- Vibration analysis (desirable)
- Corrosion/Metallurgy knowledge and experience (desirable)