Main aspects of job:
The main purpose of the position within the Hydrocarbon Supply Chain team is to work with our clients in the refining and petrochemical industry to help them achieve a safe, reliable, and profitable operation. This purpose is achieved by providing technical and management expertise, especially in the areas of production and strategic optimization through production business and strategic planning, scheduling, blending optimization and optimized supply chain operations.
KBC is seeking to fill a full-time consulting position in our Singapore office. This position requires 25 to 50% domestic and international travel per annum for periods of 1-3 weeks per trip.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Build and run LP models for production planning, back casting, crude selection, medium term planning and annual budgeting and capital project evaluation for clients in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Build and run production scheduling and blend optimization models for clients in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Use KBC proprietary simulation models, tools, and methodologies to generate data to populate/update clients’ LP and scheduling models.
- Build and run models of an entire supply chain (e.g. country-wide production and distribution systems) and/or its individual components (e.g. terminals, ports, tank farms, etc.).
- Utilize KBC proprietary Intellectual Property and personal knowledge of industry best practices to conduct assessments of client’s planning, scheduling, blending and supply chain operations.
- Build and run mathematical programming, discrete event models and stochastic simulation models to optimize supply chain operations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and technical reports to clients at different levels of a manufacturing organization, ranging from operation engineers to plant manager and headquarters executives.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendations through on-site coaching and training of refinery and petrochemical plant operators, engineers and managers.
- Work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team by integrating process knowledge, model results, and human performance skills to deliver solutions for clients.
- Be responsible for project management activities on components of projects to ensure proper project delivery and quality control.
- Work with our Technology and Innovation teams to improve and expand the capabilities of our tools and methodologies.
- Mentor and coach junior consultants.
- Assist in business development visits, proposal preparation, and preparing material for industry conferences and publications.
Client relationship management
- Manage and aide clients by establishing close relationships.
- Manage client expectations via active scope management.
- Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum, or Industrial Engineering or degree in Chemistry or Chemical Technology or Applied Mathematics (Bachelor or higher).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the refining or petrochemical industries. Focus of the experience should be in Planning, Scheduling, Blending, Logistics, Economics and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Advanced modeling capabilities in at least one commercial systems for Linear Programming, Production Scheduling, Blend Optimization, Discrete or Stochastic Simulation or Supply Chain Optimization.
- Experience as user or working in collaboration with users of commercial systems for Linear Programming, Production Scheduling, Blend Optimization, Discrete or Stochastic Simulation or Supply Chain Optimization.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, and an understanding of refinery and petrochemical economics.
- Experience and/or knowledge with supply/product contracting, trading or shipping/transportation are a plus.
- Experience with Mathematical Programming, Discrete Event Modelling, and Stochastic Simulation are a plus.
- Advanced degrees, professional engineering certificate, and fluency in additional languages are a plus.
- Demonstrated capability to utilize process simulation packages is a distinct advantage.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.