As a Software Support Engineer, you will combine your KBC engineering knowledge and troubleshooting skills to provide technical expertise in business development activities with potential customers and to assist clients and internal users in the use of KBC’s simulation software suite of products:
- Petro-SIM Production, KBC’s steady state and dynamic process simulator
- Multiflash flow assurance software provides PVT fluid characterisation, hydrate prediction, hydrate inhibition, wax modelling and asphaltene prediction
- Flaretot simulation software offers an unequalled, comprehensive and rigorous approach to the modelling of flare systems.
- Maximus is a steady state pipeline network simulator, allowing for integrated thermal and hydraulic production modelling over life of field.
This suite of software for the hydrocarbon industry is unsurpassed in its capability to model the complex processes and interactions from upstream facilities through to midstream processing plants.
Main roles and responsibilities:
Sales and Marketing Support
Conduct demonstrations of the software and answer technical questions as part of the sales process. Monitor software trials with potential customers.
Assist clients and KBC’s consultant staff in using the product, troubleshooting problems, assisting in model setup, and assisting with installation and licensing.
- Prepare materials for and conduct training sessions on the software both internally and for clients. Promote KBC upstream simulation within KBC hosting presentations and information sessions
- To gather and analyze client data and use it to develop simulation models of their facilities. This may include integrating KBC’s software models into client data systems, Excel and databases.
Product Support and Development
Test new versions of the software, perform quality control testing, and provide feedback into the product development.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Dynamics simulation experience and familiarity with MF and Maximus packages.
- Knowledge of upstream processes with experience in modeling.
- Knowledge of refinery processes is an advantage
- Plant operational experience is an advantage
- Familiar with and able to use standard flowsheeting packages
- Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with PVT fluid characterisation, hydrate prediction/inhibition, flow assurance, hydraulic analysis with third party software (such as OLGA, PIPESIM and PIPESYS from Schlumberger or Maximus from FEESA) and flare system modelling is also preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
- Ability to manage a complex workload.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Refinery/Upstream technology knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Relationship development and management
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
- Analytical skills
Please note this role requires travelling up to 40% regionally and globally.