Main Aspects of Job:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day workload of the Software Support desk for the region
- Ensure software and helpdesk support are delivered in a timely fashion to the highest quality and that client satisfaction is guaranteed
- Work under the Software Support Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Ensuring client’s modelling needs are met and to grow the Software business both and downstream in APAC
- Ability to provide technical consulting to projects based workload and experience
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Main support contact for internal and external clients
- Helpdesk support via email, phone and in person
- Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales
- Analyze data, execute and review process calculations
- Perform process simulations including model calibration
- Implement simulation solutions at client sites – deliver monitoring systems, operational models
- Serve as technology/simulation specialist in consulting projects
- Deliver sections or entire software training course independently to internal and/or external clients as required
- Contribute to R&D tasks when needed
- Participate in software testing and provide feedback
- Assist with documentation and demo case development
- Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions
- Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features
- Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities
- Provide support to KBC marketing events; represent Company at industry conferences, present papers
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines
- Actively support company Knowledge Management as well as process implementation and improvement
- Ability to support projects for other product lines
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of refining processes and/or downstream processes with experience in modeling.
- Plant operational experience is an advantage.
- Familiar with and able to use standard flowsheeting packages.
- Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
- Ability to lead and manage a complex workload and a team of professional engineers.
- Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work as a team player who works collaboratively within the business development team and with other teams in the business
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Requires 20-30% international travel per annum for periods of 1-3 weeks per trip
Your application has been received, thank you.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.