Working as part of a team in the Strategic & Supply Chain business line.
Typical projects include: Value Chain Optimization, LP Modelling (Upgrade and Maintenance), Production Planning/Scheduling (Modelling/Work Process/Operations Integration), Product Blending Optimization, Profit Improvement Programs, Strategic Analysis, and Operational Excellence in the Refining and Petrochemical industries.
Extensive experience with modelling and/or use of LP tools, such as PIMS, GRTMPS, RPMS, PETRO, and others, are required.
The post holder will be required to work as part of a team – both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required on a domestic and international basis, approximately 30-50% of the time in 1 to 3 week increments.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Review client business planning work processes and planning tools (Scheduling, Blending and LP models) and making recommendations for improvements through written reports and presentations to clients in formal and informal meetings.
- Build and run LP models for production planning, back casting, crude selection, medium term planning, annual budgeting and capital project/business development evaluations for clients in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Facilitate or execute the implementation of improvements by building or upgrading existing client tools to deliver bottom line results.
- Participate in client financial evaluations such as project economics, asset acquisitions/divestitures due diligence, strategic plans and plant reconfigurations.
- Build and run models of an entire supply chain (e.g., country-wide production and distribution systems) and/or its individual components (e.g., terminals, ports, tank farms, etc.).
- Build and run mathematical programming, discrete event models and stochastic simulation models to optimize supply chain operations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and technical reports to clients at different levels of a manufacturing organization, ranging from operation engineers to plant manager and headquarters executives.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendations through on-site coaching and training of refinery and petrochemical plant operators, engineers and managers.
Supervision of team for projects or work streams ($200K to $5MM)
- Assistance in proposal technical preparation as required
- Assists with client sales visits.
- Provide input into Technology and Consulting R&D
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process/ Industrial engineering or Applied Mathematics is required or equivalent experience, with advanced technical and business degrees a plus.
- 10-15 years of direct experience in refinery and petrochemical operational production planning, scheduling, operations, economics and business development is essential. Knowledge of core production planning and supply chain tools and processes are critical.
- Advanced modeling capabilities in at least one commercial system for Linear Programming, Production Scheduling, Blend Optimization, Discrete or Stochastic Simulation or Supply Chain Optimization. Process simulation modeling skills are highly desirable and encouraged.
- Experience with Mathematical Programming, Discrete Event Modelling, and Stochastic Simulation are a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally, with multiple language skills a plus
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach