Main aspects of the job
Working as part of a team in the process consulting business line, typical projects include Profit Improvement Programs, Strategic Analysis, Operational Excellence, process trouble shooting and plant optimization. This role requires a good base level understanding of general refinery process operations. Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS) would be advantageous.
The post holder will be required to work as part of a team - both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate should have a willingness to travel as and when required – mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel). Travel will be approximately 50% of the time.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Lead data collection and analysis – for example take client test run data and reconcile
- Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking
- Simulation modeling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units
- Refinery wide Flowsheet development in Petro-SIM
- Economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR)
- Supervision of team for limited sized projects or work streams (less than £50K)
- Client liaison for specific aspects of work
- Input to the preparation of reports for client
- Assistance in technical proposal preparation as required
- Assists with client sales visits.
- Participate in developing sales awards in excess of £50K per year
- Executive R&D tasks
- Input to Technology Development
- Client presentations
- 4+ years’ work experience in the industry
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process Engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Experience of base level refinery operations and refinery economics is essential
- Demonstration of high quality technical ability, competence and productivity
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach
- Development and maintain good relationships with clients
- Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive personal development
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.