April 14, 2023
If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for a person highly experienced in the Petro-Chemical industries with a speciality in Steam Cracker operations.
Working as part of a team in the process consulting business line, typical projects include feasibility studies, design reviews, Profit Improvement Programs, Strategic Analysis, Operational Excellence, Supply chain integration with LP model validation and updation support, Energy optimization with supporting Decarbonization initiatives, Process digital twin development, Process trouble shooting, Asset and integrated complex optimization for petrochemicals complexes or refinery-petrochemicals integration (RPI, or gas plant/feed source interface) projects.
The post holder will be required to work as part of a global team- both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required – mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel), approximately up to 40% of the time.
The candidate will also act as a global resource for KBC’s petrochemicals practice.
• Supporting KBC Petrochemical Business by providing technical support to sales team
• Assistance in proposal technical preparation as required. Assists with client sales visits and participate in developing sales awards < ~ 250 K$ / year
• Managing petrochemical projects as Technology lead
• Support Decarbonization initiatives and provide input on updation on technology tools
• Lead data collection and analysis on client projects – for example take client test run and other operational data and reconcile.
• Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking.
• Simulation modelling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units.
• Build Integrated refinery petrochemical complex wide Flowsheets in Petro-SIM.
• Technical and economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR).
• Supervision of team for limited sized projects or work streams.
• BEng / MEng in Chemical / Process engineering is required or equivalent experience.
• Experience in petrochemical complex – mainly multi feed steam cracker operations and economics, particularly in the areas of Olefins and/or Aromatics is essential.
• Additional experience in methanol, ammonia, polymers and/or base refinery operations would also be beneficial.
• Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS) would be advantageous.
• Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
• Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the Company.
• Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.
• Have good report writing and presentation skills