If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for a person highly experienced in the Petrochemical industries with a speciality in Steam Cracker operations.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting KBC Petrochemical Business by providing technical support to sales team
• Assistance in proposal technical preparation as required. Assists with client sales visits and participate in developing sales awards > 500 K$ / year
• Managing petrochemical projects as Technology lead
• Support Owner Technical Advisor roles and have good understanding on all steam cracking technologies with respect to key licensors – Technip/Lummus/KBR and Linde
• Support Petchem value chain and have good understanding on technologies with respect to downstream polymer and petchem derivatives.
• Support Decarbonization initiatives and provide input on updation on technology tools.
• Lead data collection and analysis on client projects – for example take client test run and other operational data and reconcile.
• Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking.
• Simulation modelling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units.
• Build Integrated refinery petrochemical complex wide Flowsheets in Petro-SIM.
• Technical and economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR).
• Supervision of team for limited sized projects or work streams.
• A BSc or MSc in Chemical or Process Engineering is required or an equivalent qualification
• A minimum 20 years of experience in the Petrochemical industry.
• Significant experience in a Petrochemical complex including multi feed steam cracker operations and economics, particularly in the areas of Olefins and/or Aromatics is essential.
• Good understanding in all steam cracking technologies with various licensors
• The candidate should have mix of operating, process engineering or design experience with steam cracking and have been involved on the steam cracking project from the commissioning stage.
• Have handled mega scale petrochemical complex and have project stage experience with licensor selection and design review, FEED and BEDP development.
• Supported capacity revamp studies of major cracker complex
• Additional experience in downstream petrochemical value chain, polymers, C2/C3 derivatives, methanol, ammonia, polymers and/or base refinery operations would also be beneficial.
• Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS) would be advantageous.
• Have good understanding on the Decarbonisation journey and well familiar with the initiatives which are being considered to drive net zero goal in steam cracking technologies.
• Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
• Project management skills and have experience in managing different stakeholders’ expectations.
• Have good networking skills and relationship with different licensors.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
• Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the Company.
• Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.
• Have good report writing and presentation skills.
• Should have good mentoring and training skills to develop future leaders