Main Aspects of Job:
- Working as part of a team including business development (BD) and software support specialists, this role will combine your engineering knowledge, simulation software skills and business acumen to help sustain and grow KBC’s software business within the APAC region.
- KBC’s current client base in this region is predominantly refinery/petrochemicals based, and a knowledge of these industries is required. KBC’s Petro-SIM/SIM Suite package is the software focus for this market sector. The post will require you to be confident in using KBC’s simulation software to the level at which you are able to provide effective first line technical sales support. Training will be provided and you will be expected to work closely with software specialists in KBC’s global software support and development teams.
- In order to grow KBC’s business, you will need a willingness to learn about the rest of KBC’s current and future software portfolio and gain an appreciation for how software and emerging technologies such as digitalization can be used as an enabler for the wider KBC business to provide optimum solutions for our clients.
- You will be required to work as part of a team - across the APAC region and remotely and be willing to travel as and when required – mainly on a regional basis (with occasional intercontinental travel) - approximately 50% of the time.
- Due to the wide spread geographical location of KBC development, support and BD staff, is essential that you have a flexible attitude to support team members as and when the need arises and to liaise effectively with colleagues globally.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical Sales: work closely with the sales teams to identify new opportunities for KBC’s software, plan and execute sales strategy. Raise the profile of KBC’s software regionally both within KBC/Yokogawa and externally, participate in marketing events, conferences and organizing training/information sessions where appropriate. Coordinate development of proof of concept models for new opportunities.
- Sales and Marketing Support: Conduct demonstrations of the software and answer technical questions as part of the sales process. Lead and monitor software trials with potential customers. Contribute to technical proposal development.
- Client Relationship Management: Proactively engage with KBC’s software clients within region, with a view to sustaining and growing KBC’s software business. Maintain a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction and prompt resolution of issues as they arise.
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 – 12 years’ industry experience
- Technical sales experience would be preferred
- Knowledge of refinery/petrochemicals industry and processes.
- Knowledge of up/mid-stream and other industry sectors such as chemicals, fertiliser and related industries is an advantage.
- Proven capability in process simulation as an end user and/or a software vendor. Detailed knowledge of Petro-SIM, Hysys and/or Unisim is an advantage.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload essential
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English. Candidate proficient in other regional languages is a plus to liaise and provide support to regional clients.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
- Prior experience of working in a multinational organization and as part of a global team is an advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates a flexible approach
- Singaporean preferred
Your application has been received, thank you.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.