Main Aspects of Job
Working as part of a team in the process consulting business line, typical projects include Profit Improvement Programs, Strategic Analysis, Operational Excellence, Process trouble shooting and plant optimisation.
This role requires a good base level understanding of general refinery process operations. Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS) would be advantageous. It will also be advantageous to have knowledge and experience of enabling technologies from KBC and Yokogawa required for Digital Transformation such as: Digital Twins based on Process Simulation; Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies; Data Science and Visualisation of Process Data.
This role requires a good base level understanding of general refinery process operations. An area of particular expertise such as Primary Fractionation, Hydroprocessing, Fluidised Catalytic Cracking, Naphtha Processing or Residue Processing would be advantageous.The post holder will be required to work as part of a team- both within the location and remotely. The successful candidate will have a willingness to travel as and when required – mainly on an international basis (with some domestic travel). Approximately 50% of the time.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead data collection and analysis – for example take client test run data and reconcile
- Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking
- Simulation modelling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units
- Build Refinery wide Flowsheet development in Petro-SIM
- Economic analysis of opportunities (for example payback, NPV and IRR)
- Supervision of team for limited sized projects or work streams (less than £100K)
- Assistance in proposal technical preparation as required
- Assists with client sales visits.
- Participate in developing sales awards in excess of £250K per year
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Experience of base level refinery operations and refinery economics is essential
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach