Main Aspects of Job
Multiple public sector refineries in India recently awarded KBC a Profit Improvement Programs. These programs include a study phase where operational and minor investment options will be evaluated, followed by an implementation phase where on site support is required to test and implement these ideas. Working as part of the IMENA Consulting team, this position will manage and coordinate the implementation work on the client sites in India. Working on the client sites will be complemented by office work in KBC’s Mumbai office, which will also be the base office after completion of the implementation work.
On completion of the implementation work mentioned above, the candidate will be involved in other process consulting project work, typical projects include Profit Improvement Programs (PIP), strategic analysis, operational excellence, process trouble shooting and plant optimization.
This role requires a good base level understanding of general refinery process operations and economic driving forces.
Main Roles and Responsibilities for the Implementation Management
- Manage the implementation of evaluated opportunities during the PIP study phase
- Coordinate with the PIP study phase team to familiarise with the intent of the implementation
- Coordinate with the client team to arrange for a plant testrun to implement
- Manage the data collection and KPI monitoring to measure sustainment of the implemented opportunity
- Help to overcome hurdles and restrictions to implement and sustain implemented opportunities
- Provide progress reports, both externally and internally
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Experience of refinery operations and refinery economics is essential
- An area of particular expertise such as Primary Fractionation, Hydroprocessing, Fluidised Catalytic
- Cracking, Naphtha Processing or Residue Processing would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Petro-SIM (HYSYS, UNISIM) would be advantageous.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach