April 14, 2023
If you would like to work for a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for an experienced Senior Consultant in the Hydrocarbon Process Plant Operation industry with proven skills in managing energy efficiency / optimization projects.
• Will work as part of a team in the energy consulting business line, typical projects include mainly Energy Performance Improvement Studies, but also participate in project teams focusing on Profit Improvement Programs, Strategic Analysis, Operational Excellence, Process trouble shooting and plant optimisation.
• Requires a good base level understanding of steam and power systems, process energy saving potential.
• Knowledge of process simulation tools, such as Petro-SIM and other platforms is advantageous.
• Direct experience with energy optimisation tools and pinch analysis is highly valued
• Required to work as part of a team- both within the location and remotely.
• Willingness to travel as and when required on a domestic and international basis, approximately 25-40% of the time.
• Lead data collection and analysis – for example take client test run and other operational data and reconcile.
• Execute/review process calculations – such as tray sizing, furnace coking, etc.
• Generate profit improvement or capital savings opportunities as part of consulting engagements on both energy and process aspects.
• Simulation modelling and calibration in Petro-SIM of individual process units
• Simulation modelling and evaluation of utility systems (steam, fuel, and power) and pinch techniques.
• Technical and economic analysis of energy improvement opportunities.
• Supervision of team for limited sized projects or work streams.
• Assistance in technical proposal preparation.
• Assists with client sales visits.
• Participate in developing sales awards in excess of $100K per year
• Provide input into Technology Development R&D and innovation work on decarbonization and automation.
• A BSc or MSc in Chemical / Process Engineering is required or equivalent with advanced technical and business degrees being a plus.
• Considerable direct experience of base level refinery and petro-chemical operations and economics is essential. Knowledge of core process technologies is a plus, including unique technologies such as lube oil production, reside hydro conversion, aromatics, and petrochemicals, steam, power and fuel systems in the process industry is essential.
• Experience in utility system operation and optimisation.
• Skills in use of simulation models and energy tools is highly desired.
• Previous experience in carbon neutrality, decarbonization, renewables, hydrogen fuel and/or electrification of furnaces is an added advantage
• Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others.
• Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the Company.
• Must be a self-starter that demonstrates a flexible approach.