Main Aspects of Job:
The Business Development Executive is the client expert within a geo-market and acts in conjunction with the internal teams within the company to set the strategy for each client. He/she is then responsible for co-ordinating the internal team to ensure the strategy is achieved and commercial targets delivered.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet/ Exceed sales targets for any given period (month/quarter/year)
- Build/Maintain Sales Pipeline greater than or equal to three times sales award target for given period (month/quarter/year)
- Ensure proportion of technology sales to consulting sales is in line with company objectives
- Ensure regular opportunity reviews (‘deep dives’) are carried out on all opportunities.
- Complete and maintain Opportunity Plans and Account Plans for all opportunities and key accounts within territory.
- Maintain accuracy of all information pertaining to opportunities/contacts/clients in CRM
- Create and execute the sales strategy for all existing clients
- Maintain existing revenue while driving new opportunities inside the current client base in order to grow the business and meet budgetary targets.
- Understand the business drivers and organizational structure of target clients
- Build strong relationships by working with senior level client contacts across multiple department
- Proactively collaborate with internal teams to shorten sales cycles, taking the lead as necessary, facilitate discussions between the client and internal teams where appropriate
- Create new opportunities by working with clients and internal product managers
- Create presentations, sales pitches and other sales literature for current and new client pitches
- Present to senior stakeholders within existing client base
- Collaborate and build relationships with the relevant Yokogawa Sales teams.
- Monitor industry trends and activity and effectively communicate findings to relevant internal business and technical teams
- Map industry trends to business opportunities with each client.
- APAC regional cultural awareness, with SEA focus.
- Proven successful track record of selling industrial software in APAC region.
- Technical experience or Chemical Engineering qualification preferred.
- Experience in working in a client facing role and proactively managing client relationships
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Understanding of sales processes, opportunity management
- Proven ability to grow relationships within an existing client vase at a senior level
- Proven track record of selling high value complex digital and simulation based solutions to large organizations
- Presented to senior stakeholders
- Commercially aware with the ability to understand how individual and team activity impacts the bottom line
- Natural self-starter with extensive business contacts
- Team player who works collaboratively within the sales team and with other teams in the business
- Act as a role model for using company systems, tools
- Understands company vision and is able to translate it into a journey for themselves/team colleagues
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent influencing skills
- Demonstration of high quality of technical ability / competence / productivity
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Development and maintenance of good relationships with clients
- Develops and Maintains awareness of KBC Portfolio
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Coaches and Mentors
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Maintain a high level of utilisation
- Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive personal development
- Ability to think strategically and work under pressure
- Delivery focused at all times particularly in the face of objection
- Professional attitude and projection of professional company image