Main Aspects of the Job:
The EMEA Sales Consultant is responsible for maintaining the KBC Digital (DX) business in the EMEA region This role will establish and maintain relationships with customers by monitoring needs, identifying opportunities, and growing the account relationships.
- Responsible for specific sales targets for the DX business in territory reporting to the DX Global Business Line Leadership
- Has a supporting role for parent Yokogawa in region
- Liaises with all internal parties necessary to ensure market success: DX Product Management, DX Operations, Marketing and the regional / global Business Development Team, KBC’s other Technology and Consulting Business lines and Yokogawa.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for DX Awards in APAC i.e. exceed yearly targets.
- Together with the local and global teams, develops and maintains the 5-year rolling DX strategic business plan for APAC.
- Identify the key EMEA client targets and implement an opportunity management process developing formal Opportunity Plans for these customers.
- Lead the account activities of marketing, business development, relationships, and customer engagement. Coordinate with Yokogawa regional businesses.
- Feedback market requirements, competitive activities and trends required to support the basis for 5 year rolling plan, guiding future development of solutions through to ‘go-to-market’ strategy.
- Manage sales & marketing process:
- Generate and qualify leads
- Source and develop client referrals
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Develop and maintain a customer database and manage opportunities within the existing CRM system
- Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
- Support direct marketing activities
- Negotiate with clients
- Develop sales proposals
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management
- Participate in sales & marketing events
- 2+ years seniority in a sales/marketing position in the energy industry
Formal Training Required:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of complex solution sales
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Planning and strategizing
- Stress tolerance
- Energy industry driver knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Goal driven
- Comfortable with technical content
- Self-motivated Leader
- Decision maker
- Highly organized
- Initiative and resourcefulness, able to work under pressure
- Customer service mindset
- Goal driven
- Ability to work in a team