Main Aspects of Job:
KBC Consulting is the hub of both integrated and standalone product solution design, delivery standards and client project management governance.
The Consulting Sales & Transformation team is responsible for working in partnership with Digital and Asset Transformation, Consulting Delivery, Technology, Total Solutions and Commercial Services, ensuring maximum and relevant market positioning and solution offering alignment, including client specific commercial strategy.
The Principal Consultant is focused primarily on three key activities, namely:
- Achieving integrated Consulting sales and where applicable Technology awards, typically focus on deals with average order values of US$250k – GBP500k, with the largest deals up to GBP5m. The Principal Consultant will target integrated deals ranging from GBP2m to GBP25m+.
- Achieving Global Business Unit EBITDA, and client value solution targets. This works in close collaboration with the Global Consulting Delivery team; the primary differentiators being responsibility for assessment of quality of solution delivery, client management and farming of the key account, namely:
- Value realization and governance with the client “C-Suite”, and support, coach and guide the project delivery team to that effect. The Global Delivery Management rectify the identified gaps.
- Work closely with the project team lead to further farm the account.
- The Principal Consultant in Consulting Sales & Transformation will have a personal target related to Change Orders as defined by the Global Head of Consulting Sales and Transformation.
- Review with the Global Consultancy Leadership (GCL) team (i.e. Global Head of Consulting Sales, Digital Transformation and Delivery) business performance and consulting solution product design and delivery performance, identifying quality improvements.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet / Exceed annual personal sales targets (Order Intake) as set by the Global Head of Consulting Sales and Transformation.
- Support and Build/Maintain a Sales Pipeline greater than or equal to three times sales award target.
- Source, architect and structure large, multi-discipline project opportunities with target clients.
- Ensure the incorporation of Software/Technology sales into Consulting sales is in line with overall targets set.
- Collaborate with other members of the KBC consulting and Yokogawa Total solutions and delivery teams, as required, to deliver these sales successes.
- Support the GCL team (as appropriate) to help meet their business unit targets.
- Support the Technology and Total Solutions team (as appropriate) to help them meet their targets, and support product design and innovation through Yokogawa Centres of Excellence (COEs).
- Drive a culture of integrated collaboration and focusing on delivering a quality, value-based solution.
- Be seen in KBC as a leader of change demonstrating the following behaviors, namely “Educate, Engage, Empower and Enable”.
- Create and execute the Consulting sales strategy for all identified target clients across both allocated regions and outside of territory selected key accounts in other regions. This must be delivered in conjunction with any strategy agreed with the GCL team.Maintain existing revenue while driving new opportunities inside the current client base, in order to grow the business and meet budgetary and order intake targets.
- Understand the business drivers and organizational structure of target clients.
- Build strong relationships by working with senior level client contacts across multiple departments.
- Proactively collaborate with internal teams to shorten sales cycles, taking the lead as necessary, facilitate discussions between the client and internal teams where appropriate.
- Create and articulate compelling value hypothesis solutions to clients.
- Prepare & present sales materials to senior stakeholders within existing and new client bases.
Internal Reporting through Sales and Operations Support Team
- Ensure appropriate reviews are carried out on all opportunities.
- Maintain Account Plans for all opportunities.
- Maintain accuracy of all information pertaining to opportunities / contacts / clients in CRM.
- Design and seek agreement on the Commercial Model, in collaboration with the Commercial Services and Delivery teams.
- Attend selected Technology meetings to expand and amplify understanding of client digital agenda and needs.
Industry and Client Trends
- Monitor industry trends & activity and effectively communicate findings to relevant internal business and technical teams.
- Map industry trends to business opportunities with each client and updating their respective Account Plan as necessary. This must be in conjunction with any existing client / key account strategy with the GCL team.
- Strong sales/commercial and delivery background, and a good understanding of the hydrocarbon industries.
- Extensive experience in working in a client facing role and proactively managing client relationships.
- Inquisitive and motivated to develop in depth relationships with clients to become a trusted advisor.
- Have the gravitas to engage at a senior level in a consultative fashion with clients.
- Work in partnership with the internal teams within the Company to deliver the best of KBC to client opportunities.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience. MBA could be beneficial.
- Highly networked, ideally with global National and International Oil Companies.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels through helping to solve their most complex problems.
- Proven track record of sales success, including strong negotiating and closing skills to both technical and commercial entities, with a confident approach to developing opportunities with senior stakeholders.
- Team player who works collaboratively within the Consulting Sales & Transformation team and with other teams in the business.
- Ability to think strategically and work under pressure.
- Strong commercial acumen and business orientation, with the ability to understand how individual and team activity impact the bottom line.
- Experience in working in a client facing role, and proactively managing client relationships.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
- Able to deliver presentations to Senior stakeholders.