Main aspect of job
As a Reactor Model Developer you will be responsible for helping with the development and support of KBC’s Petro-SIM flow sheeting tool and SIM reactor models. You will be required to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, ensuring their modelling needs are met and to assist the support specialists in developing opportunities for growth in use of KBC’s software with current and prospective clients.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of SIM reactor models
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation for the SIM reactor models
- Provide first line and second line support to clients for the SIM reactor models as needed
- Be a productive member of the Reactor Model Development team, able to work effectively individually as well as a team member
- Provide training in Petro-SIM and SIM model technology if needed
Client relationship management
- Liaise with product managers, Petro-SIM and other reactor model developers to ensure client needs are met
Sales and marketing support
Assist sales team in establishing credibility of KBC’s simulation tools with clients
KBC company business
- Builds / maintains awareness of KBC's other product lines
- Actively supports company Knowledge Management
- Represents company at industry conferences, present papers
- Plays a key role in KBC innovation forums
- Is an active member in relevant industry forums
- Customer Satisfaction
- Demonstration of high quality of technical ability / competence / productivity
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Development and maintenance of good relationships with clients
- Develops and Maintains awareness of KBC Portfolio
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Maintain a high level of utilization
- Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
- Level of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive personal development
- Professional attitude and projection of professional company image
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering (also considering candidates with MS and PhD at a correspondingly higher grade)
- 3+ years of working experience preferably in the Oil Industry, especially Refining (also considering candidates with greater work experience at a correspondingly higher grade)
- Some experience with and knowledge of mathematical modelling techniques and associated numerical methods.
- Familiarity with and able to use standard flow sheeting packages a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work as team member in complex technology areas.
- Ability to design, develop and test new model features
- Knowledge of FORTRAN and/or familiarity with other programming languages and the ability to develop mathematical representations of chemical engineering processes is an advantage.
- Refinery technology knowledge a plus
- Goal driven with excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.