If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for a person highly experienced in the Refinery and Petro-Chemical industries with a speciality in Process Optimization.
Main aspects of the role:
- The work will be in the refining and petro-chemical domain to deliver a complex and wide ranging ‘Rigorous and Integrated Optimisation System’ (RIOS).
- RIOS transforms the way a company does all aspects refinery optimization including process optimization, planning optimization and control optimization.
- The objective of the role is to work closely with the RIOS client, Yokogawa and KBC to ensure the scope and profit targets of the RIOS project are delivered to client satisfaction while also meeting budget and schedule requirements.
- The role requires technical and senior management expertise. Management requirements include handling executive meetings and reporting, both internally and with the client; managing multiple teams from within Yokogawa and KBC (Y-KBC); and sharp strategic focus to ensure that the messaging and work execution is always in line with the overarching aims and objectives of RIOS.
- This requires a strong sense of client value and being able to communicate, to ensure that necessary decisions and adjustments are made during project execution to ensure that the value of RIOS is truly delivered and sustained.
- Communicate project progress and plans with client management on a monthly basis, and with executives on a quarterly basis. These rolling communications include addressing and resolving challenging issues whenever they arise and driving value for the client.
- Provide strong technical direction and support to all areas. When required deep dive to resolve issues that the team may be struggling with for reasons such as lack of experience, insufficient RIOS total solution understanding, and/or insufficient availability of senior resource on the project. These areas include profit improvement consulting and implementation, use of LP / simulation tools and system integration for plant wide optimisation.
- Document and communicate the new RIOS work processes to both the client and the internal team. Continually improve the work processes during the project based on team feedback and newly acquired information from site. In addition to work processes for the normal RIOS operational activities, it is also necessary to cover the maintenance work processes for RIOS, such as model updates and alignment of RIOS with changes to the client systems and infrastructure.
- Ensure the automated and integrated data transfer systems which are implemented do truly deliver the RIOS work processes and target benefits. This work entails sharing and coaching many aspects of the RIOS tools and applications, together with a detailed and methodical mindset so that robust and reliable interface files and logic are created.
- Support the successful implementation of all aspects of RIOS at the client site and ensuring value delivery targets are achieved for the client. This includes oversight of in-house testing before delivery to site to ensure the RIOS work processes are well implemented within the overall system.
- Work closely with each workstream manager to ensure all project deliverables are of a high standard and that the project is well managed in terms of cost and schedule.
- Technology Development: Initiate necessary improvements to Yokogawa and KBC tools and methodologies which will help ensure RIOS becomes a long-term success with many customers.
- Business Development: Support RIOS Business Development team to achieve the RIOS Business Plan. Specifically this will include target and scope setting for potential new sites and meeting the client executives to develop the business. More generally support will also be provided to the business planning group on overall strategy, resource plans and budget plans.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Become a “trusted advisor” to RIOS clients and potential clients through the formation of close relationships and demonstrated success.
- Manage client expectations via active scope and issue management.
- Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, consistently looks at complex issues from many angles; obtains a rich and deep understanding; swiftly cuts to the core issue; skillfully separates root causes from symptoms.
- Business Insight - Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, has a sophisticated grasp of business drivers, finds new ways to increase own contribution. Stays attuned to business and industry changes, ensures own activities remain aligned to key objectives.
- Courage - Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. For example, addresses tough organizational issues and disagreements in a direct manner; guides others on how to stand up for their beliefs in the face of adversity. Can push back and say "no" when needed.
- Situational Adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations. For example, serves as an example of adaptability and provides guidance and support to help others adapt to new situations. Considers the needs of clients, constituents, and the organization; shifts priorities appropriately
- Project Management - Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while guiding and training others on managing aspects of projects and/or programs within desired cost, time and quality parameters to deliver value to client.
- Project Change Management - Uses comprehensive knowledge and/or skills to act independently identifying, managing and controlling project-related changes.
- Project Governing - Works at an advanced level to identify, select, and manage the oversight of projects, programs, and portfolios, including standardized policies and procedures, risks, escalation, resource needs, stakeholders, change control, prioritization, and approval processes.
- Project Quality Management - Works at an advanced level to manage the work that determines the quality policies, procedures, and responsibilities so the work satisfies the needs for which it was undertaken.
- Project Risk and Issue Management - Uses comprehensive knowledge and/or skills to act independently with guiding and training others on identifying, assessing, prioritizing and managing project- related risks.
- Stakeholder Expectation Management - Works at an advanced level to identify potential stakeholders, analyze their expectations, and develop strategies for managing stakeholders and their expectations.
- Negotiation. Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to negotiate independently while providing guidance and training to others on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent (Bachelor or higher).
- Advanced degrees, professional engineering certificate, and fluency in additional languages are a plus.
- Broad and deep technical knowledge and experience is needed in the areas of process optimization and value chain optimization, supplemented by a good knowledge of advanced control and system integration.
- Substantial relevant experience in the refining and petrochemical industries is essential. The main focus of the experience should be in all aspects of Process Optimisation and Value Chain Optimisation. Good knowledge of Advanced Control and System Integration is also required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management capabilities, and an understanding of refinery and petrochemical economics.
- Demonstrated capability to utilize Linear Programming, Scheduling and Process Simulation packages.