Main aspect of job
Working as part of a team, the post holder will be responsible for a variety of financial aspects of a consulting project’s lifecycle. They will work closely with and provide financial support to several different internal stakeholder groups including the Consulting group.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Maintenance of project accounting system (Time@Work) ensuring client and project records are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Microsoft CRM and BI Reports).
- Awarding of new Consulting contracts: Collection of necessary start up project data, budgets, resourcing, margins, client contacts, PO’s, invoicing
- Maintain accurate live data of all planned invoices
- Month end accruals for subcontractors and reimbursable income
- Preparation of all Consulting fees and reimbursable invoices with necessary supporting documentation
- Preparation of monthly backup for Time & Material based projects, approval and billing
- Perform Consulting WIP reconciliations, follow up activities and month end revaluations
- Resolve any client queries regarding related invoices issued to ensure prompt payment
- Provide credit control support to facilitate the payment of all Consulting invoices
- Creation and maintenance of employee records ensuring they are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Empower and BI Reports).
- Ensure employee data for resourcing is current, including holidays, available hours, staff numbers and billable utilization targets
- Follow up and reallocation of unapproved hours as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc support and cover to UK payable function when needed
- Provide ad-hoc support and cover to Project Accountant for Technology and Business Analyst
- Other duties as delegated by manager
- Solid financial background, minimum AAT qualified.
- Competent Microsoft Office user.
- SUN accounts and Time@Work system experience desirable.
- Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Self-motivated, pro-active approach and ability to think independently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company