Main aspect of job
Working as part of a team, the post holder will be responsible for a variety of financial aspects of a consulting project’s lifecycle. They will work closely with and provide financial support to several different internal stakeholder groups including the Consulting group.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Maintenance of project accounting system (Time@Work) ensuring client and project records are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Microsoft CRM and BI Reports).
- Awarding of new Consulting contracts: Collection of necessary start up project data, budgets, resourcing, margins, client contacts, PO’s, invoicing
- Maintain accurate live data of all planned invoices
- Month end accruals for subcontractors and reimbursable income
- Preparation of all Consulting fees and reimbursable invoices with necessary supporting documentation
- Preparation of monthly backup for Time & Material based projects, approval and billing
- Perform Consulting WIP reconciliations, follow up activities and month end revaluations
- Resolve any client queries regarding related invoices issued to ensure prompt payment
- Provide credit control support to facilitate the payment of all Consulting invoices
- Creation and maintenance of employee records ensuring they are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional (SUN accounts, Empower and BI Reports).
- Ensure employee data for resourcing is current, including holidays, available hours, staff numbers and billable utilization targets
- Follow up and reallocation of unapproved hours as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc support and cover to UK payable function when needed
- Provide ad-hoc support and cover to Project Accountant for Technology and Business Analyst
- Other duties as delegated by manager
- Solid financial background, minimum AAT qualified.
- Competent Microsoft Office user.
- SUN accounts and Time@Work system experience desirable.
- Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Self-motivated, pro-active approach and ability to think independently
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.