Main Aspects of Job:
- Working as part of the Product Management group you will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of the KBC reactor suite from strategic planning though to product delivery and maintenance.
- The Product Management group has a key responsibility for the revenue and profit growth of KBC’s software business. As such, you will define product requirements for R&D and prioritize development activities in the best interests of KBC’s business.
- Stakeholder engagement is a core part of this role: you will need work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high levels of product quality and satisfaction and to sustain optimal business profitability and promote growth.
- KBC’s ability to realize revenue from its technology depends heavily on the quality of our sales teams and marketing. You will be expected to cooperate with Marketing to define the marketing strategy for KBC’s software and be a major contributor to the development of marketing materials. You will need to work closely with the Tech Sales group to develop and promote use cases, value propositions, demos and sales material. You will be required to support certain sales activities directly, but it is not expected that the travel requirement for this role will exceed 25%.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for the KBC kinetic reactor suite
- Drive a solution set across development teams to ensure software requirements are met, customer needs are fulfilled, and high quality is maintained, using the appropriate tools: PLMP, M@terialize, Jira etc.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going stakeholder engagement
- Contribute to the generation and maintenance of product 5-year vision for KBC’s software suite, to include; product strategy, product requirements and use cases.
- Assist with product management activities of related products as required.
- Participate in developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with relevant departments to execute.
- Generate content for marketing and sales material
- Generate use cases, value propositions and demos
- Provide training to Software Support and Tech Sales in new products/features
- Assist with key/strategic client opportunities as required.
- Select and participate in key industry events as the representative for the solution set
- Represent KBC at industry conferences, present papers
- Build/maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines and solution set
- Actively support company Knowledge Management
- BEng/ MEng or equivalent in Chemical/ Process engineering is required
- Minimum 7 – 12 years’ industry experience
- Knowledge of refinery/petrochemicals industry and processes.
- Knowledge of other industry sectors such as chemicals, fertiliser and related industries is an advantage.
- High level of proficiency in process simulation use. Detailed knowledge of Petro-SIM, Hysys and/or Unisim is an advantage.
- Proven capability in developing and/or supporting kinetic reactor models.
- Aptitude for both the commercial and technical aspects of KBC’s software business.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload essential
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally.
- Prior experience of working in a multinational organization and as part of a global team is an advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to assist others
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates a flexible approach
Your application has been received, thank you.
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.