Main Aspects of the Job:
This role requires a holistic approach in leading the Digital (DX) Services team to successfully manage the customer lifecycle. Starting with client onboarding, to identification and resolution of risk factors, maximizing adoption & retention of our technology, and overall customer value and satisfaction in KBC products and services.
More specifically, the Global Services Leader (GSL) is accountable for support and services by delivering top tier support, via helpdesk, email and phone customer contact and working alongside respective global Business Leaders to grow services revenue in accordance with the short and mid-term business plans.
The GSL will ensure that the global team builds and maintains relationships with internal and external clients so that their technology and services needs are met and that the team assists in developing opportunities for growth in use of KBC’s solutions with current and prospective clients.
Finally, the GSL will be required to work closely with the Technology Business Managers and the rest of the Technology Leadership team to build a sustainable future for KBC’s services and technology.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead global services team ensuring timely delivery and high quality of support, training, and other services. Maintain customer satisfaction KPIs for helpdesk and training.
- Work with Business Leaders to develop a global strategy for the growth of services and services-related revenue at a global scale.
- Encourage and implement an innovation-centric customer service team
- Manage the team with responsibility for work allocation, conflict resolution, staff development and appraisals
- Provide mentorship and training to regional leads
- Grow MSU revenue through proactive customer service
- Assist sales team in technology demonstrations and preparation of proposals
- Provide comprehensive technical support to software trials as needed
- Liaise with product champions, developers, and KBC consultants to ensure client needs are met
- Work within the Technology leadership team to assist in meeting the global objectives of the Technology Group.
- Manage regional team leads in the DX Services group.
- Provides support, training and consulting in KBC software to external and internal clients
- Provides support to the software R&D Team, software product champions, and the global Sales team
Competencies to be kept current
Refinery/Upstream technology knowledge
Verbal and written communication
Relationship development & management
Ability to mentor and coach junior technical staff
- 10+ years’ experience in relevant industry, preferably in implementation of client solutions and post-sales support.
- Strong level of knowledge with common and emerging industry real-time architecture & historian applications. Familiarity with OSIsoft PI stack is a plus.
- Awareness of OT to IT systems integration and common business systems.
- Ability to work as team member within the organization.
- Ability to recruit, lead, manage and mentor a team of professional engineers.
- Experience of working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
- Experience in other aspects of the software business cycle (sales, product management) preferable. A sales/growth disposition is a must.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven experience managing dynamic teams.
- Ability to manage a complex workload
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with capacity to build trust and relationships across multiple departments and management levels.
- Business management skills
- Customer success mindset
- Learning skills, willing and able to expand areas of expertise.
- Recruiting and mentoring experience
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- This post will require a moderate amount of global travel (~25%).