Main Aspects of Job:
Enterprise Team Effectiveness (eTE) quantifies the benefit of operational improvement by joining people, practices and systems to enable our clients to capture sustainable value through safe, reliable and profitable operations of their digitised facility.
The role will entail continuously supporting clients with their strategic Operational Excellence and human performance improvement initiatives. KBC, via eTE, works with clients to realign their organisation, improve organisational capabilities, and enhance systems that support continuous improvement.
The focus of the position is supporting KBC’s clients, through project delivery and management, providing innovative solutions, supporting sales and the development of talent within the eTE business line.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Manager
- Manage internal and external projects to ensure quality result (measured by client satisfaction) completion on-time and within budget
- Develop project plans that outline specific activities, required resources, and completion dates.
- Coordinate internal project activities to ensure product quality
- Work with appropriate personnel to address project related issues
- Train and manage junior consultant and contractor performance to ensure that all project related activities are performed in accordance with the HPI group’s standards
- Submit monthly project reports to the consultant manager and the appropriate client representative.
- In coordination with KBC accounts ensure project invoices are prepared and sent to client per milestone plan
Lead projects >£500K - <£5.0M
- Collaboratively work with clients to assess human performance related issues and develop corrective action plans
- Stay abreast of relevant industry trends that have the potential to impact the HPI group or our clientele
- Provide expert guidance to clients in the area of improving operator effectiveness.
- Develop, maintain and apply subject matter expertise in assigned technical area(s) (e.g., Equipment Operator, Console Operator, Frontline Supervision, Training and Development).
- Conduct workshops in assigned technical area(s) as required to meet business obligations
- Review and update training manuals in assigned technical area(s) on an annual basis and more frequently if required to meet business needs
- Responsible for / contribution to the preparation of reports for clients
- Client presentations
- Sales and Marketing Support
- Support on-going sales activities through lead generation/qualification, client sales visits, client follow-up, and proposal development
- Routinely assess existing client needs to identify business opportunities
- Develops proposals as needed according to the proposed work process
- Relate project progress and arising opportunities to BD group for follow up
- Geographic Scope
- The role is primarily focused within the Americas; but travel to and support for projects on a global basis is expected
- The consultant is expected to proactively reach out within the KBC organization to ensure knowledge gained within the Americas is shared with global colleagues; and conversely ensure global lessons are applied within the Americas.
- Assessment Criteria
- Successfully managing clients
- Sustaining and developing existing accounts
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Playing a key part in new business development, from opportunity development, proposal input through to contract closure support
- Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
- Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Awareness of the need for regular and proactive collaboration with colleagues and clients in all regions of the world
- Development and maintenance of good relationships with employees
- Desired Experience
- 10 – 15 years of all-around experience in operations, maintenance, or technical interacting at all levels within the client organization
- Experience in development and delivery of training (internal and external)
- Excellent communication (writing/speaking/listening) and consulting skills, along with strong group presentation and facilitation skills
- Good project management skills and with the ability to effectively manage time to ensure that multiple projects are progressing according to plan
- Strong operational effectiveness / performance improvement experience
- Willingness to spend approximately 50% of the time traveling and on client work sites; primarily within the Americas, but also globally
- Knowledgeable of Instructional System Design (ISD) and adult learning principles
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Education/Training Requirements
- Project management certification and/or demonstrable experience
- Business development training and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field a plus