Main Aspects of Job:
KBC’s Petro-SIM/SIM Suite package is the software focus for this market sector. The post will require you to be confident in using KBC’s simulation software to the level at which you are able to provide effective first line support. Training will be provided and you will be expected to work closely with software specialists in KBC’s global software support team.
In order to grow KBC’s business, you will need a willingness to learn about the rest of KBC’s current and future software portfolio and gain an appreciation for how software can be used as an enabler for the wider KBC business to provide optimum solutions for our clients.
You will be required to work as part of a team- both within the Middle East and remotely and be willing to travel as and when required – mainly on a regional basis (with occasional international travel) - approximately 50% of the time. Due to the size of the local team it is essential that you have a flexible attitude to support team members as and when the need arises and to liaise effectively with colleagues globally.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical Sales: working closely with BD, identify new opportunism for KBC’s software, plan and execute sales strategy. Raise the profile of KBC’s software regionally both within KBC/Yokogawa and externally, participate in marketing events, conferences and organizing training/information sessions where appropriate
- Sales and Marketing Support: Conduct demonstrations of the software and answer technical questions as part of the sales process. Monitor software trials with potential customers. Contribute to technical proposal development.
- Technical support: Provide first line software support within region. Assist clients and KBC’s consultant staff in using the product, troubleshooting problems, assisting in model setup, and assisting with installation and licensing.
- Client relationship management: proactively engage with KBC’s software clients within region, with a view to sustaining and growing KBC’s software business. Maintain a high level of customer engagement and satisfaction and prompt resolution of issues as they arise
- BEng/ MEng in Chemical/ Process engineering is required or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a similar role working for an international company
- KBC’s current client base in region is predominantly refinery/petrochemicals based
- Knowledge of refinery/petrochemicals industry and processes is essential
- Proven capability in process simulation as an end user and/or a vendor. Detailed knowledge of Petro-SIM, Hysys and/or Unisim is an advantage
- Previous experience of working in a client facing role
- Knowledge of up/mid-stream, chemicals, fertiliser and related industries is an advantage
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally
- Prior experience of working in the Middle East and as part of a global team is an advantage
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
- Ability to work well in a team environment and willingness to assist others
- Able to deliver presentations to senior stakeholders within and outside of KBC
- Display a high level of professionalism towards colleagues and as an ambassador of the company
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates a flexible approach
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English. Arabic speaker desirable