• As a Technology Services Senior Engineer in the Technology business your main focus will be client value delivery in the form of Customer Support on technology related queries, Projects, Technology Training.
• Receive and process customer inquiries of process simulation and energy online optimization technology solutions, and support customers through specialized technical or scientific applications, keeping in line with our quality KPIs.
• Maintains an ongoing relationship with customers and sales staff, particularly those focused on technical applications of the product or service. Uses technical knowledge of products, product availability, sales territories, and individual customers to provide a key communications link to the customer. May handle multiple product markets. Typically requires relevant experience, completion of technical product training, and demonstration of high-level product and process knowledge of a technical nature.
• Will work alongside with experts in the technology and consulting business to develop your expertise and ensure quality of deliveries.
• Technical Support – Provide advanced software support for internal and external customers via email, phone and in person to respond to complex customer questions. Monitor customer tickets, identifying and resolving standard issues and escalating these to manager as appropriate. Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
• Resolving Customer Issues – Respond to more advanced issue escalations promptly and appropriately. Ensure customer needs and expectations are met referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist or sales; requesting managerial approvals as needed.
• Product Information - Provide advanced product information and respond to complex customer questions about our simulation portfolio of products.
• Facilitate Meetings with Customers ¬- Set clear objectives for each customer meeting; use standard materials to make a presentation to the customer; and ask relevant questions to evaluate the customer's level of interest and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
• Periodic Health Checks - Maintain and lead periodic check-ins with key customers to ensure they're receiving the most value from the Technology Solution.
• Service-related Upselling - During service interactions, look for opportunities to bridge customer needs to additional products/services offered by the organization. Communicate to follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
• Technology Training - Deliver technology training courses, as requested by customer, or as part of a project, based on level of expertise on particular technology. Also assist with training material creation/update as needed. Provide support to KBC marketing events; represent Company at industry conferences, present papers. Actively support company Knowledge Management.
• Project Deliverable – High quality deliver assigned tasks of project, collect and feedback information to Project Manager about the project, including customer satisfaction.
• Personal Capability Building - Build / maintain awareness of KBC's product lines. Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential. Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
• Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, keeps in contact with customers to ensure problems are resolved, or to improve customer service. Studies customer feedback and emerging customer needs and uses these to determine some creative new ideas.
• Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
• Tech Savvy - Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications. For example, investigates technologies to learn some cutting-edge best practices. Uses digital/social media to benefit the team and add value to the work being done; understands how to avoid misuse of these tools.
• Courage - Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. For example, shares own ideas and points of view openly, regardless of potential criticism or risk; shows conviction when faced with adversity and challenges; raises difficult topics to be sure they are addressed.
• Characteristics - Adapt to changes and pressure due to working independently and remotely. Stronger interpersonal skill and self-driven. Good learning and communication skill.
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Chemical or Process Engineering.
• Knowledge of refining processes and energy optimization with experience in modeling.
• Plant or refinery operational experience is a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with process simulation using commercial software.
• Familiarity with one or more additional KBC software products is a distinct advantage.
• Ability to work as a team member in complex technology areas.
• Ability to handle complex workload
• Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
• Willingness to undertake international travel to visit clients.
• Highly motivated with a good work ethic