Are you looking for your next challenge? Would you like to work for a global software and services company within the Energy and Chemical industry? Looking for the opportunity to work with high-performing engineering professionals developing some of the world's smartest engineering solutions for operational improvements and maximizing profits?
KBC may be the place for you. We provide leading software and expert services, powered by the cloud to the Energy and Chemical industry. A pioneer in the development and use of simulation models and cloud technologies, KBC offers software specialists room to grow. Operational experts in consulting teams develop solutions that positively impact the profitability, safety and environmental performance of our international clients through technological changes and operational efficiencies.
Main Aspects of Job:
- Responsible for the revenue and profit growth of the existing product line, developing new applications of the company’s Advanced Process Control (APC) technology including integration with process simulation to create real-time optimization (RTO) solutions
- Overseeing the implementation, maintenance and support of all APC projects.
- Supporting APC and RTO within the company`s consulting practice.
- Main link between the customer and the different R&D organizations involved in our APC technology (Shell, Yokogawa: YTI and YHQ) and will participate in the vision for the product including the direction of future development and promotional and support materials.
- Manage internal implementation resources, intra-company (Yokogawa) implementation resources and third party implementation resources in order to address the growth of the APC business unit in partnership with the Yokogawa regional organizations.
- Create applications of the company’s APC technology from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with R&D to define product release requirements as well as to ensure that the product addresses the need of your customers and that release schedules are met.
- Cooperate with Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Partner with Sales to help them understand product positioning, user personas and use case examples.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the relationship with all the R&D organizations involved in our APC technology and participating in the entire product line life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities in partnership with Yokogawa Advanced Solutions Product Management.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams to ensure software requirements are met, customer needs are fulfilled and high quality is maintained.
- Responsible for the generation and maintenance of product 5 year vision, to include; product strategy, product requirements and use cases in partnership Yokogawa Advanced Solutions Product Management.
- Accountable for the generation and maintenance of marketing, support and training materials.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Assists with key/strategic client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
- Selects and participates in key industry events as the representative for the product.
- Plays a key role in relevant mergers and acquisitions.
- Analyses potential partner relationships for the product.
- Assist in the management of multiple sales channels including agents, partners, joint ventures and alliances ensuring they have the information needed.
- Build an internal APC consulting team that will grow over time to compliment the Yokogawa and third party implementation partners.
- Establish necessary subcontract agreements with third party APC implementers to be able to deploy, in a timely manner, and together with our own resources all the projects that are sold.
- Ensure the APC projects are being delivered at the highest quality standard regardless if they are led by internal or third party implementers.
- Liaise with the company’s Quality organization (both Software and Consulting divisions) to get its support and guidance for our APC services.
- Ensure that the company has the necessary comprehensive insurance policies in place to deploy APC.
- Accountable for incorporating benefits determination within each project in order to demonstrate the value/results promised to the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining, supporting and sustaining the APC projects delivered.
- Chemical Engineer, B.Sc. with 25+ years of experience
- Familiarity with at least one: Upstream, Refining and Petrochemical Design and Operations.
- Formal training in DMC, ExaSMOC, PACE and/or other APC technologies
- MBA, although not required, will be viewed favourably
- Experience Implementing Advanced Process Control (APC) as applied to oil refineries, petrochemical plants and other process industries. Ideally DMC or ExaSMOC or PACE
- Ability to manage, mentor, and motivate a group of APC consultants
- Experience managing third party APC consultants
- Sales experience (domestic and abroad)
- Capability necessary to demonstrate the value of implementing APC to the customers.
- Formal training in Customer Centric Selling, Solution Selling and/or other value selling methodologies
- Business experience in negotiating APC service contracts and executing them to the total satisfaction of the customer.
- Ideally have experience in working for an operating company in a plant.
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Focus on internal/external customer satisfaction and retention
- Level of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive personal development
- Professional attitude and projection of professional company image
Get the latest updates from KBC
Sign up to our newsletter to receive our latest innovations, viewpoints and be informed about any upcoming events.