Main Aspects of Job:
▪ To work alongside the Regional Technical Services Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
▪ Responsible for services deliverables such as support, project work and/or training.
▪ Mentoring of staff on a technical capacity during projects and/or activities
▪ Work alongside sales and SMEs in technical proposals for services/implementation projects.
▪ The postholder will be required to work as part of a team and have a willingness to travel as and when required mainly on an international basis, up to 50% of the time
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
▪ Support contact for internal and external clients, including Helpdesk support via email, phone and in person
▪ Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
▪ Client liaison / discussion of technical aspects of work, as well as project specifications and documentation
▪ Project Management of small to medium scale projects as required.
▪ Implement solutions at client sites – Model design and configuration, system installation and testing
▪ Technical mentorship to engineers in the team
▪ Deliver sections or entire software training course independently
▪ Contribute to R&D tasks when needed.
▪ Participate in software testing and provide feedback for assigned technology.
▪ Assist with documentation and demo case development.
▪ Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
▪ Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
▪ Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
▪ Provide support to KBC marketing events; Represent Company at industry conferences, present papers.
▪ Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines and the ability to support them
▪ Actively add to company Knowledge Management.
▪ Actively support company work process implementation and improvement.
▪ BS or MS degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering
▪ 5+ yrs of relevant experience
▪ Strong leadership and organizational skills
▪ Knowledge of refining and energy processes with experience in modeling.
▪ An area of particular expertise such as refineries technologies, such as Crude Distillation, Hydrocracking, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Reformer, etc would be an advantage
▪ Advanced knowledge of products in assigned Business Line.
▪ Ability to work as a team in complex technology projects.
▪ Ability to lead and manage a complex workload and a team of professional engineers.
▪ Experience working in a global organization and with different cultures is an advantage.
Competencies to be kept current:
Verbal and written communication
Relationship development and management
Ability to mentor junior engineers