If you would like to be part of a leading Consultancy specializing in the Decarbonization, Energy Transition, Process / Value Chain Optimization, Operational Performance and the Digital Transformation business then take a closer look at KBC.
We have an opportunity in our Mumbai office for a Process Engineer with experience of modelling using on process simulation programs.
Main Aspects of the Job:
- To work alongside the Regional Technical Services Lead to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients for modelling on process simulation software systems.
- Responsible for services deliverables such as support, project work and/or training.
- Mentoring of staff on a technical capacity during projects and/or activities
- Work alongside sales and SMEs in technical proposals for services/implementation projects.
- The postholder will be required to work as part of a team and have a willingness to travel as and when required mainly on an international basis, up to 50% of the time
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support contact for internal and external clients, including Helpdesk support via email, phone and in person
- Ensure client's needs and expectations are met with respect to KBC software and referring issues where necessary to appropriate specialist, or sales.
- Client liaison / discussion of technical aspects of work, as well as project specifications and documentation
- Project Management of small to medium scale projects as required.
- Implement solutions at client sites – Model design and configuration, system installation and testing
- Technical mentorship to engineers in the team
- Deliver sections or entire software training course independently
- Contribute to R&D tasks when needed.
- Participate in software testing and provide feedback for assigned technology.
- Assist with documentation and demo case development.
- Identify areas needing improvement, develop potential solutions.
- Assist with client sales visits to demonstrate technology features.
- Identify/communicate/follow-up realistic potential sales opportunities.
- Provide support to KBC marketing events; Represent Company at industry conferences, present papers.
- Build / maintain awareness of KBC's other product lines and the ability to support them
- Actively add to company Knowledge Management.
- Actively support company work process implementation and improvement.
- BSc or MSc degree or equivalent in Chemical / Process Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the refining or petrochemical industries
- Experience with modelling on process simulation programs such as Petro-SIM is required and to be demonstrated through past project work.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of processing units and energy systems in refineries
- An area of particular expertise with refinery technologies including Crude Distillation, Hydrocracking, Fluid Catalytic Cracking or Reformers would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience as a trainer, mentor or public speaker would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong initiative to find and develop creative solutions to problems
- Ability to work as a team in complex technology projects.
- Ability to lead and manage a complex workload and a team of professional engineers.
Competencies to be kept current:
- Verbal and written communication
- Relationship development and management
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
- Analytical skills
- Ability to mentor junior engineers